IDSP-Pakistan with the collaboration of Education Department Government of Balochistan and UNICEF has ventured an evidence based impact study of the Community Support Process (CSP), a land marking program creating impacts on the girl’s primary education in Balochstan. The program was implemented in the entire Balcoshtan while covering the rural areas of the six divisions of the province.
The Study locale caters the specific representing districts in all the six divisions. IDSP-Pakistan is pleased to declare that a cadre of Researchers and research associates will be required to bolster their capabilities while participating in the process of evidence based impacts. All the motivated young male and female particularly from the relevant divisions/districts are required to show their expression of interest.
Duration of the study:
16 Weeks including the design, data collection and report writing.
Research locale and tools:
The selected schools in the rural areas of the particular districts of the six divisions. The study will cater three distinct tools that is, Focus Group Discussions (FGDs), Key Informant Interviews (KIIs) and Case Studies. List of the district and frequency of the research tools is as under.
|S#||Division||District selected||Tools Frequency|
|1||Zhob||Loralai||Case studies =24 , KIIs = 42, FGDs = 510|
|2||Makran||Turbat||Case studies =24 , KIIs = 42 , FGDs = 5|
|3||Quetta||Pishin,||Case studies =12 , KIIs = 21, FGDs = 3|
|4||Mastung||Case studies =12 , KIIs = 21, FGDs = 3|
|5||Kalat||Lasbella,||Case studies =12 , KIIs = 21, FGDs = 3|
|6||Kalat||Case studies =12 , KIIs = 21, FGDs = 3|
|7||Sibi||Sibi||Case studies =24 , KIIs = 42, FGDs = 5|
|8||Naseerabad.||Naseerabad||Case studies =24 , KIIs = 42, FGDs = 5|
Human Resource Required:
IDSP-Pakistan requires motivated individuals both male and female particularly from the above districts as researchers and research associates.
Research Associate (2 positions):
The research associates are supposed to play an active role operationally and technically in the design and conduction of the study. The two Research Associates (1-male, 1-female) will closely work with the lead researcher in the over all process. The positions will be instrumental for the project life (three months) and will be ceased automatically after the project life. Following are terms of references for this cadre of researchers.
- The research associate will assist the research team generally and lead researchers especially in the study designing workshop, trainings and planning for field operations.
- To coordinate with the consultant for devising the software for the study data coding and analysis.
- To assist and supervise the data entry process and also communicate with the district teams for the timely provision of data.
- The Research Associate will carry out field visits for the supervision of the data collection and will provide assistance to the researchers in the field.
- To develop and execute systems for receiving the data from the districts and build liaison with the data operators for data coding.
- To participate in the training workshops as trainee and also contribute in the study tools designing, pre-testing and finalization.
- To develop close coordination with administration for the facilitation of the workshop conduction operationally.
Researchers (12 positions): There will be 6 teams of the researchers, each comprising of two persons male and female, each research team will focus their particular district for data collection. Criteria: The individual male and female from the above mentioned districts with adequate research skills and aptitude, report writing, analysis skills and having sensitive attitude towards social minorities and woman.
TORs of Researchers:
- To collect data of the CSP schools in the district from the education officers of the respective district and pursue the sample selected from the available data indicating on-ground established CSP schools.
- To conduct FGDs, Key informant interviews and case studies enlisted in the technical paper of the study and also to complete the data collection within the time-line provided.
- Generate a report on the process of data collection, constraints and opportunities.
- To participate in the training of research and study tools designing process and also complete the process with the pre-test of the tools and its translation into local context.
- To ensure effective communication skills in the local language for generating valuable data within the framework of the study tools designed.
- To assist and facilitate the colleagues in the field for jointly supporting and complementing each other activities and targets.
- To keep proper records of the data collected from the informants at field level and transfer it to the research associates and data entry operators through formal channel of communication.
- To ensure participation in the final workshop with technical advisor and all the team for deriving the study analysis framework and general reporting scheme.
- Any other assignment related to the study given by the study team leader.
- The candidates are requested to mention their native districts and also their capability of speaking and understanding the local languages
Last date for the submission of CVs and applications is October 28th. Applications with CV could be sent at
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal Address: A-7 Al-mashriq Street Arbab Karam Khan Road Quetta